Thursday, June 12, 2008

I'm Still Being Sued, but...

Now, instead of fear defining my primary emotions toward the plaintiff who is suing me, I am filled with pity and sympathy for her -- not (mind you) because of the pain eminating from the accident ( I'm skeptical about that causal claim), but because her view of pain in the world is clearly not nuanced enough to provide her with a meaningful way to deal with her life, and because her ability to construct a meaningful story of her own experience has been overdetermined by institutions that traffic in greed, desire and personal-rights.

The high points of the day included discoveries along the way to picking up delightfully imaginative new babysitter Nadia, experiments at an abandoned (?) skate park; low points of the day included a cancelled trip to Ros because of a generally entitled and demanding attitude by two young inhabitants of our home who shall, for their own sake, remain nameless in this post.