Friday, February 22, 2008
Scariest Day So Far...
A phone call from Jaelyn's school interrupted an advising appointment and told me that Jaelyn was having a seizure, so as I sped up Cleveland Avenue at 50 mph, I called them back and then had to call Lynn and relay that she was still unresponsive and she should meet me at the hospital which I would ride to in the ambulance with Jaelyn; by the time I got to the school Jaelyn was responsive and by the time we finished an EKG, a chest xray, blood & urine tests, it was diagnosed as a unique response to her undernourishment, lack of sleep, a computer screen, and her ADHD meds. That episode was much scarier than later when the doctor told me that he was indeed going to keep me overnight at the hospital because my chest pain probably maybe wasn't just heartburn as I had expected to hear, but that there were, in fact, several test results in my bloodwork and EKG that concerned him.
