On the last day of the two sentence blog, I celebrated by having lunch with Scott, who inspired my passion for this blog in the first place; as always our conversation was far ranging, hilarious, ridiculous and loud.
In retrospect, writing on a daily basis cultivates attention toward the events, the cycles, the mundane and the immediate, and sometimes this record turned into the plodding focus of a new roller skater -- so attentive to each forward motion, that he's unable to look up and see the whirling beautiful universe or the impending doom of a brick wall -- but a faithful record is a faithful record and I wonder if, as I look back and re-read, if I'll find that indeed that this is the shape of being human: plodding and looking down too often *or* if I'll discover threads of transcendence that hoisted this year invisibly and miraculously to some larger more hopeful vision?
