Tuesday, April 08, 2008
What's Worth Mentioning
I think that in twenty years, I won't care about how it was to race in the door after a day full of teaching and interviews and start making stromboli for Caleb and Aaron and the kids, or what it was like to hurry to Malone for a tutoring appointment for Jaelyn that didn't show. But I think I'll still care about having an honest conversation with Caleb over doing the dishes, which translated into a helpful conversation with Kara later; and I think I'll always want to remember what it was like to read chapter three of Ramona Quimby, Age 8 with the kids in bed, and the three of us giggling together at the egg running down her face (Jaelyn giggling less because she knew about the incipient darkness -- having read ahead beneath the covers the night before); and after a ton of CA interviews with everyone posturing and even this student carefully framing -- to have her confess the things that she fears about herself at Malone -- this assortment of truthful moments -- I think I will want to keep them.
